Up From Here: Opening this Friday the 21st, 7-9pm

You are invited to attend the opening reception of Up From Here: work by Emily Hines this Friday January 21st from 7-9pm at The Light Gallery, 1015 N. Charles St.  The show features the painting, installation and delicate collage work of artist Emily Hines along with live music and light refreshments.  If you are unable to join us for the opening please feel free to make an appointment: johnatthelight@gmail.com  The work will be available for viewing from January 15 through February 15.  Hope to see you there!





Up From Here
Emily Hines Solo Show
Opening Friday January 21 7:00-9:00

“Scorning the pomp of must and shall
My father moved through dooms of feel;…” e.e. Cummings
I’m sitting in my studio now, and as long as I think of you and what you will think, I belong to you and so does my voice. I have allowed others, circumstances, and fears tremendous power over me. It has given me leave to not assert or proclaim anything that is not combed through, edited or analyzed. ...